The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Who is holding on to whom?

Have you ever wondered which is more powerful - you are holding on to the Lord's hands or the Lord is holding on to your hands? I know some of you will probably tell me they mean one and the same.

Well, not exactly. If we are holding on to the Lord's hands, then the onus lies with us to hang on tight and not let go of His hands and being humans as we are, it is natural at times to relax the grip and that would spell trouble. However, if it is the Lord Who is holding on to our hands, then we can relax and not have to worry that we will lose the grip because His grip is always tight and secure.

An analogy - ever seen a parent holding on to the child's hands when they go walking or crossing the road? observe how relaxed the child is because he/ she knows that his/ her daddy or mommy is holding on ever so tightly and at the slightest hint of danger, will even scoop up the child and carry him/ her out of harm's way. Well, if earthly parents have that sense of love for their children, then how much MORE our Daddy God loves to hold on tightly to our hands and be readyto sweep us off and carry us when danger lurks around.

It is so good to know our Daddy's love for us. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN