The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, October 5, 2007

Reject all negative inputs!

I had a very long week this week and am I glad that it is not almost over. This week is one where I had many things thrown in - encouraging news as well as negative (discouraging and even obstructing).

And to cap the week, there was this call on my mobile while I was about to have my lunch with two former colleagues on Thursday. This lady, who was supposed to have met me some time back in July when i came home after my daughter's graduation, wanted to meet up later that afternoon; so persistent and adamant was she about the same day meeting that when I wanted to fix the appointment for next week, she would give me all kinds of reasons why we needed to meet almost immediately.

And so expecting some form of good news or possibly some business tie-up arrangements or what have you, I dutifully presented myself at the appointed time and venue. However, what I heard that afternoon was a far cry from my initial expectations. In fact she was so negative (critical of many people who were friends of mine) and she was driving certain business partnership that were so skewed in her favour that I felt in my spirit no peace and at many points during the discussion, in the spirit, I had to reject whatever she said and I told the Lord that whatever proposals she had I will have nothing to do with it.

Well, so far she had not sent me her written proposals and I am glad that the Lord had spared me of ugly scenes in the future when things do not work out well for her. One of the most ridiculous things she wanted my assistance was to run training for her for a pittance - literally for a song and I shared with my wife that I would simply reject her proposals on grounds of economic non-viability and she cannot fault me or carry tales later (part of the irksome things she told me were lies and untruths about certain gentlemen in the market) about my not being cooperative or 'playing her out'.

So I learnt a very valuable lesson this week from the Lord - listen to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to stir up my spirit. One of the ways He operates is through having the peace of God in the situation or the lack of it. So learn to walk in the Spirit as our Daddy God is Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN