The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Know the Lord is your Heavenly Papa

Someone asked me this question - which is more important
1. Knowing I am a child of our Lord Jesus Christ or
2. Knowing that He is our Heavenly Papa?
Now you may ask me what is the difference in the 2 questions - what difference does it make?

For one it is easy for all of us to associate ourselves as children of our Lord since He had already given us so many promises about our position in Him - as His children. But it takes a bit more understanding to constantly remind ourselves that He is our Heavenly Papa. When we have a good understanding that He is our Papa, we would not feel inhibited to approach Him and to tell Him of our challenges and to receive from Him.

Our Lord Jesus came wth one sole purpose - to show us the Daddy's heart for us. He did not come to reinforce any of the names that God had in the Old Testament but He taught His disciples (and us) to address God as Papa (or Abba in Hebrew). So start addressing Him in more intimate terms and call Him Daddy or Papa or Abba; whichever term you feel very comfortable to use as in an affectionate manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN