The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Can I Talk WIth You About Financial Planning?

On Thursday afternoon I decided to head down to the beach at East Coast Park for a time of meditation. I reached my destination and sat down under one of the sheds on the beach and I began to ask Abba Daddy when my blessings would come. I looked out to the sea in front of me and saw many container ships and oil tankers and I thanked Him for the prosperity of the land but when would be my turn to be prospered?

And just as the words left my tongue, my mobile phone rang and a financial planner from AIA on the other end asked me whether I could spare her 20 minutes for her to explain how I could plan for my future. Imagine here I was asking Abba when my blessings would be given me and there was the agent wanting to show me financial planning! where is the connect I wondered.

And then suddenly I realized that Abba was telling me an important message - there will be such a blessing that I really need to be ready for it. And I saw for the first time how Abraham must have felt when Abba told him that he would be the father of many multitudes and yet he did not have a single heir to his name; it was not an easy road for Abraham especially a finite mind trying to comprehend what the Infinite Abba wanted to bestow upon him.

And so I am encouraged to trust Abba Daddy for my bountiful blessings and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN