The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perfect Rest is only found IN Abba Daddy

This morning as I was coming home in the MRT after sending my car to the workshop for the regular half-year service, I was reminded of the anniversaries of my parents' passing last year. My earthly father went home to the Lord on April 7, 2006 after falling off the 6th floor service balcony of my eldest brother's home between 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM and the circumstances of his passing were in themselves a miracle. And my earthly mother went home to be with the Lord on November 7, 2006 after about 5 years 'vegetating' in St. Luke's Community Hospital. Interestingly enough, her passing was also noted by the doctors to be around 7:30 PM.

You might say, 'what a coincidence' but I will be the first to correct you and say that both events were divinely arranged and they cannot be more perfectly timed. Looking at the dates - April 7 and November 7 - both on the seventh of the month and exactly seven months apart and the time of passing - both went home at around 7:30 PM, who could have arranged for that except that Abba Daddy wanted the family to know that they are now resting in Him, not just spiritually but in bodily form.

I always know that my mother would not want to do anything other than with many father but the thought that they went off at the exact time and exactly seven months apart is just too profound. It can only be Abba Daddy. My father suffered from a host of ailments before Daddy took him home - diabetes, high-blood pressure and more recently dimentia. And my mother had multiple strokes in her sleep resulting in the loss of the use of her limbs. And now I am comforted to know that they have now found their perfect rest in Abba Daddy. Soon we will all rise out of these earthly bodies in the Rapture and meet them in Heaven and be reunited and I can almost see the smiles on their faces welcoming me with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN