The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Why am I so excited about Jewish feasts?

In the Old Testament, God gave instructions to Moses for the nation of Israel to observe seven appointed feasts throughout the year and each of these had great significance to what our Lord Jesus had done and will do in the future.
1. Feast of Unleavened Bread - Leviticus 23:6-8
2. Feast of Passover - Leviticus 23:4-5
3. Feast of First Fruits - Leviticus 23:9-14
4. Feast of Weeks - Leviticus 23:15-22
5. Feast of Trumpets - Leviticus 23:23-25
6. Day of Atonement - Leviticus 23:26-32
7. Feast of Tabernacles - Leviticus 23:33-36

The first four Jewish feasts had already been fulfilled by our Lord
1. Feast of Unleavened Bread - on Good Friday for one week after
2. Feast of Passover - on Good Friday when Jesus became the Passover Lamb for us
3. Feast of First Fruits - on Easter Sunday morning when the Jews started to bring in the first harvest
4. Feast of Weeks - on the Day of Pentecost when God sent forth His Holy Spirit
and the last three have not yet been fulfilled.

And so, every year as we remember the last three Jewish Feasts I would be looking forward to their respective fulfillment and that keeps me excited.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited too. Thanks for sharing the blessing of the feast days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Robin, great things do happen on these Feasts days and the next important Feast day is the last day of Sukkot which will take place on Wednesday Oct 3rd - so watch the Hand of our ABBA Father in His blessings for His people.

    ReplyDelete

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN