The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Our Father Knows Best

I sent out a note to many of my friends at the end of March 2007 informing them that I would be leaving Deutsche Bank after almost 8-1/2 years and would be setting up shop to provide training and consultancy services.

Well, most of the setups have been completed and the company website is also up and running (http://drbcm-associates.com). I have provided a short write-up about the philosophy of the company, the type of services provided and one page with a brief description of who I am and what my experiences were. I also have a page in there with links to the what is being offered at any given point in time and some references on what had taken place and the feedback received from previous participants. And there is also a page there called 'Contact' with my photo in there and if you were to click on the photograph, it will generate a new email to me and you can send me your questions, feedback, requests, etc and I will respond according.

Isn't that cool? By God's grace, the ideas came to me one day as I was looking for some 'original' ideas and the Lord gave me a thought that it is always nicer to be able to see a face when you communicate. My photograph is the next best thing - being there in front of you would be the ideal but then again, I am not Jesus or the Holy Spirit Who can be anywhere at anytime. I am human and I need to recognize that.

So, how has the experience been for the past five months? I must say it is certainly something not for the faint hearted. On my own strength, I would have said to myself, "Andrew, don't kid yourself and go join another bank and start all over again; it is a mistake! You are running out of time!"

Praise Jesus for His grace and mercy! Assignments have been trickling in and I am believing the Lord that the floodgates will be opened soon and I will be so blessed with so many projects that I will not have time to complain and complain. I want to sing like the Psalmist in Psalm 107:1-3
v1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
v2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say this - those He redeemed from the hand of the foe,
v3 those He gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south."

I have been constantly reminded by the Lord that He is always with me even though I do not see any outward manifestation. To some extent, I must admit that I felt like Abraham who had no children and yet the Lord changed his name from Abram (father of altitude) to Abraham (father of multitude). Imagine his wife Sarah kept calling him Abraham and I am sure his neighbors must have chuckled at the old couple - 'gone nuts' - 'where are your children, Abraham?'

So now when freinds ask me how is business, I want to and will say that I am blessed and busy. Faith comes first in the spiritual realm and later this will translate into the physical. So I am really trusting our Lord Jesus to bless me to overflowing. That is His style. Remember the miracle of the transformation of water into intoxicating wine at the wedding in Cana (John chapter2)? His mother told the servants to do whatever Jesus were to instruct them and He turned six large barrels of water into the best wine and the wedding couple was so blessed that I am very sure they had provisions for the married life for many years after that.

Another account is the incident of His feeding of the 5000 men with five loaves and two fish and there were 12 baskets left over. No, there was no trick here. The scriptures tell us that everyone had their fill and the leftovers were really leftovers. were there more leftovers? I am sure there would be if there had been more disciples. You see, the surplus was limited by human means and never by divine lack. To the Creator Father, this is nothing. If He can create the whole universe and everything therein, what is the 12 baskets and the 5000 men plus their wives and children (maybe 20,000 in total)?

So I will say this of the father - "I will lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121: 1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN