The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Monday, September 24, 2007

Barnabas Mail Ministry - Why End A Good Thing?

Some of my friends, when they received my mail stating that I was closing that chapter of my ministry about a year ago, asked me why I chose to end such a ministry that had grown to the glory of our Lord.

I assure you that the decision to end the chain of weekly emails came after much prayer and also circumstances surrounding the use of emails. Not only was the introduction of laws and penalties for the proliferation of junk or SPAMs in Singapore but a number of companies were beginning to introduce tough measures to block unwanted mails. And so, usually on Monday morning whenever I checked my inbox, I would have received a flurry of failed delivery messages and some even stronger mails classifying my mail as a SPAM.

Now my parents did not raise no fool and when I saw that, immediately I went to the Lord and sought wisdom on how to handle the looming challenges. Also it did not help when my own computer was attacked by viruses (or is there a worm?). I had all the Norton and Symantec Anti-Virus softwares installed on my computer to sniff out infected messages and yet i received all kinds of mails. I decided to investigate and found that the cranked messages did not originate from my computer but a couple of my recipients' computers were heavily 'wormified' (if there is such a word) and the worm were triggering all kinds of nuisance mails. And if any of you had received such mails, my apologies as the worm could have gone through my address book and sent out mails to you.

And so the decision was very clear at that point in time - close down the email ministry and concentrate on other aspects. But my spirit was not at rest. I noticed that my children have their own blogs and they were happily posting things there and exchanging messages back and forth and that stirred up an interest in me to find out more.

My son was too busy with his career and did not have the time to sit down and explain to me. And so when my daughter came home after her graduation, I decided to check with her how to set up my own blog and after a couple of demonstrations, here I am. And I am able to reach out to a wider audience.

And to bag an award? that tops it all.... glory to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN