The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Almost Six Months Since Leaving Deutsche Bank

Come end of September I would have left Deutsche Bank for six months and still counting - that is amazing! how time passes so very quickly!

So how is the feeling? one may ask. I am still trusting our Lord to provide me that BREAK-THROUGH in my business. Yes, there had been a couple of small projects here and there but to quote Alice (my wife) I am still too free sitting at home waiting for things to happen.

Is that bad? I will testify that this waiting period is really a test on my faith. FAITH (Forgetting All I Trust Him) is basically having a good opinion of our Lord; so all of us do have an opinion of our Lord - good or bad. Good opinion of our Lord will lead to us trusting Him to be our PROVIDER as Abraham found out on Mount Moriah when he was asked to sacrifice his own son Isaac. Read what he said to his servants in Genesis 22:5, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then WE WILL COME BACK to you."

I used to think that Abraham took a long time at the altar struggling with the flint knife whether to plunge the sharp instument into his son's body or to walk away and disobey God. Now I know better that he had so much faith that the Holy Spirit said this about his faith in Hebrews 11:19, "Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death." Abraham had such a high opinion of our Lord that God called him THE FRIEND of God. What a title; what an honour.

So I have to ask myself everyday, "what is your opinion of our Lord?" I kept reminding myself that I have more going for me than Abraham - we have our Lord Jesus who had already died for our sins compared to Abraham who could only look forward to His death. So I really have no excuse for not having a good opinion of Him with all these blessings already laid out right in front of me. Which leaves me only to say, "which blessing will our Lord give me today?" and go out believing that I have already received it.

Now that is a very valuable lesson I have learnt over these last six months or so. My breakthrough will come and when it comes, it will be over-abundant, exceedingly above all that I can imagine and just have to receive my blessings and give thanks and worship my ALL-Sufficient God - El-Shaddai. Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN