The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, September 22, 2007

What was the Ark really like?

Yesterday I posted pictures of the ark - two versions - and I know some of you must be wondering, which is the correct one? Personally, I believe that the first model is more plausible because the people of Noah's day had never seen a boat or ship before in their lives.

When God created the Earth, there was a firmament around the planet and thiis firmament was like a thick layer of moisture and ozone (the greenies would love this) and because of the moist atmosphere, there was no necessity to even rain as the place is perpetually damp and perfect for vegetation. So when Noah was constructing the Ark, the people around him were very curious and I am sure they would have laughed their heads off when they heard Noah saying that God will judge them with a flood from 40 days of continuous rainfall. "What is that?" I can almost hear them asking.

So if they had never seen a boat before, how would Noah know that the Ark needed a keel and ribs to support the outer structure? So I find it hard to imagine that Noah built the second version.

But why the first version is likely? For one the scriptures tell us that God told Noah to build the Ark and at the top to build windows that look out and there were no dimensions given for the total length of all the windows and so all the windows added up was as long as the Ark itself. Also the Ark was box-y in dimension because the tools that Noah had were probably makeshift ones - certainly he did not have those fanciful wood planes that modern day carpenters all pride themselves with.

So my pick is the first model.... agreement? or disagreement? leave your comments please!

2 comments:

  1. Shalom shalom!Your blog has been awarded "Best Christian Blog of the Week" @ http://cyberanger.blogspot.com

    May the Lord use you mightily for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom Cyberanger, thanks and be blessed. All glory to our Lord and Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN