The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Reflections on 2007 - Blessings on My Business

It was interesting that Pastor Prince of New Creation Church shared with the whole congregation on January 7, 2007 what the Lord told him about this year - that it would be a year of "New Beginnings".

When Alice and I heard that, we looked at each other and claimed that for my new business venture - it was already decided then that I would step away from Deutsche Bank after March 31 and start out on my own with my current business venture. So taking that word from the Lord as my confirmation, I threw in my resignation letter on February 16 (the day after my variable bonus was credited into my account - my parents taught me well that when people want to give you money, never say 'no') and when my boss asked me why I did not wait any longer and tried to persuade me to stay until summer (July), my response was a flat 'no' as I needed to have a clean break and start on my marketing/discussions with my potential clients.

And so 2007 was indeed a Year of New Beginnings for Alice and I. For Alice it was a year of seeing me waiting at times anxiously for work and not knowing what to do with my free hours and for me it was a time of discovering myself afresh and working on my business relationships and building my bases. A lot had gone in over the past 8 months and I would say that the new year will be a blessed year with fulfilled blessings for me. I am already seeing two new alliances building up and a third or possibly fourth on the way and I am also believing Abba Daddy that these alliances will bring me fresh blessings that are over and above what I can imagine and that I will be more than a conqueror through our Lord Jesus Christ who strengthens me.

2 comments:

  1. Great to read some encouraging blogs and thoughtI'd leave an encouraging comment (I'll say no more!) You are blessed as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is something that is often left out of many believers’ lives. God Bless you. As Rodney Howard Browne feels that God has called them to teach the body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN