The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, December 21, 2007

Sufficient Is His Grace...

Recently I had noticed my car was not performing the way it should have - the engine was not as smooth riding as before and some of the mountings had to be replaced and it was costly to maintain. And I actually had two occasions of engine stalling whilst I was on the road. Also instead of getting the usual 10.2 km per litre, I was only getting 9.9 km and with the recent petrol price hikes you can calculate the impact this had on my monthly expenses.

And so, Alice and I walked into Kah Motor last Friday and decided to trade in my car for a Honda Jazz. Because it is only 1338cc compared to my current 1998cc, my annual road tax will be lower and COE prices are also lower now compared to five years ago. Fuel consumption is much better for this car - minimum 14 km per litre and that will work out to be about 40 percent savings on the pocket. But the amazing part is that the current car will be traded in at a price higher than what I will get if I were to scrap it. With the outstanding balance of the car loan factored in, I will be getting back a good amount.

And this is what amazes me. Every month Abba Daddy will send me enough to tie me over so that I will not be in lack. This reminds me of Psalm 23:1, The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

And I want to reach that place where, like the Apostle Paul, I can say, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." (Philippians 4:12)(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN