The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, December 28, 2007

Three Prayer Requests for 2007

Every year on the last Sunday service for the year, Pastor Joseph Prince of New Creation Church will ask the congregation to make three prayer requests of Abba Daddy and to note the answers to these requests when they come.

I recalled two years back in December 2005 that I specifically asked the Lord to restore my parents' health and to provide for my two children's university education in UK. Little did I know then that the Lord would be taking both parents home the following year and so, in a way, He did answer my prayer - they are now healthy and well in Heaven, without spot or blemish. And He did provide the funds for my children's education - more than sufficient.

And then at the end of 2006, I asked Him for three things
1. My daughter to have good success in her career (she graduated in July 2007)
2. My son to enjoy His blessings at work
3. Blessings on my career and business

Reviewing the year, I give thanks that Abba Daddy indeed had answered all three requests in a supernatural manner.
1. Adeline graduated with a Second Class Upper (2-1) and started work on October 15 and is enjoying supernatural favor with her superiors and is believing the Lord for a more bountiful year in 2008.
2. Adrian completed his probation (one-year) at the end of Sept and received many increments throughout this year. In fact he received more than 16 months of salary in 2007 (bonuses plus adjustments plus increments) and is trusting Abba for more favor in 2008.
3. It had been nine months since I started out on my own. Although the road had not been all that smooth, Abba Daddy had not failed to deliver His blessings and His provisions had always been on time.

So what will be my three prayer requests for 2008? To be honest, I have not really penned them down but will have them by Sunday Dec 30 in time for 4th service at New Creation Church. And I have learnt that Abba Daddy is not one who shortchanges His children. In fact He is always on time (except that His timing may not always synchronize with ours).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN