The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day - Day After Christmas

Interesting to hear that Boxing Day is remembered in Europe as the day when the churches opened up its many donation boxes and give the money collected to those who do not even have anything to go on with life. My point here is why people would have to wait until Christmas to give to charity and then the churches open up the boxes only on that day - how pathetic!

And wait, there is more! The department stores open on Boxing Day at between 6:00AM & 7:00AM for the post-Christmas yearend sale and shoppers actually queue up in the evening of Christmas Day just so that they can be in line for the opening hours and get the best deals.

So what has happened to the real meaning of Christmas? Has the world not heard that Christmas is the day set aside to officially remember the Gift of Our Savior Jesus Christ? Apparently not. And how disheartening to see how Christmas had been so commercialized to the point that most people look for good bargains and completely missed out on the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN