The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Forgetting the Past & Looking Unto Jesus

Pastor Lian of New Creation Church preached 2 Sundays ago on something that stuck in my mind and my spirit and is now leading me forward. She touched on how many of us clung on to our past - mistakes, bad experiences and even success stories - and have not learnt to let go of these and allow our Abba Daddy to help us go forward and enjoy even greater blessings.

Our past shapes our emotion and we like to stick to the familiar ground and it is human nature to shun the unknown - the unknown is viewed as full of uncertainty and therefore we often fail to recognize that it is precisely this that the Lord loves to have us throw ourselves on Him and for Him to carry us through and enjoy His blessings along the way.

Often you will read what Jesus had to say about our faith; Mark 10:15 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Now those are pretty strong words and it behooves us to find out what exact Jesus meant. Ever looked at how secure a child feels in the presence of his parents (notice I said parents and not siblings or grandparents or relatives); how the child becomes almost carefree because of the love from his parents. No matter how much he tests their patience, he knows his parents still love him and that is the key.

Today our Abba Daddy wants us to feel secure in His Presence and to bask in His love. When I was younger, I used to look up to my father for his advice on certain issues and Abba Daddy wants us to look to Him for more than just advice on some issues of life but to depend on Him for ALL issues and to just enjoy His Presence.

Abba Daddy has more to offer us than we realize and the sooner we learn to look to Him for our blessings (advice, answers to prayer, etc), the faster we can enjoy His bountiful blessings over our lives. I pray that this will be your resolve for 2008. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN