The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why should the Lord bless us?

The lesson for caregroup on Tuesday centred on "Walking in the blessings of righteousness" and I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to ask the group this question, "Why should the Lord bless us?" Of course the immediate response would be to say that as children of Abba Daddy, it is natural for us to receive His blessings. Sure, I have no doubts about that and I would say unequivocably that it is true. However, that evening the Lord showed me something else.

Has it occurred to you that your blessings from Abba Daddy is to provoke non-believers into jealousy to see us so blessed and they not? The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 11:11, "I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentile." (here Paul was referring 'they' to the physical Jews by birth)

Salvation comes with its benefits and one of the benefits of being a child of Abba Daddy is material wealth so that the world can see it for themselves. Lets face it, the world will not recognize blessings in the spirit realm but they will definitely not miss seeing the material blessings we have on account of Jesus. Such is the richness of His blessings toward us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN