The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Looking Unto Jesus

Recently I commented to my caregroup members that we needed fresh injects into our group as the regulars seem to be having lifestyle changes and work commitments and could not join the fortnightly meetings and we decided to commit the challenge to our Abba Daddy.

Guess what? On Tuesday we had two new members and we are believing the Lord for more in the coming weeks. You see, Jesus rebuked His disciples for their slowness of heart to believe (Luke 24:25) and for not asking Him anything (John 16:24). It is as if they did not believe Him that He is able to do what He said He came to do and that He will give them whatever they asked of Him.

Which reminds me of one church member who came for prayer after the 4th service two Sundays ago. He asked for prayer for a friend and just before I started praying for him, I sensed in the Spirit that he needed more than just prayer - he needed to have a good dose of Holy Spirit power inside of him and so I laid hands on him and prayed for him to received the gift of praying in tongues. And then I proceeded to pray for his friend and yes, you guessed it - halfway through the time of prayer, he was already praying in tongues to the glory of Jesus.

And I am very confident that this church member will be using this newfound gift regularly as he goes about his daily life. Many times we think that the Lord only has great things for specific people to do and that He does not use ordinary folks like you and I to accomplish that. No, we cannot be more incorrect. In fact Abba Daddy is looking for people who are constantly looking unto Jesus in their daily lives and we will move mountains through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN