The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Seated Together In The Heavenly Places in Christ - Ephesians 2:6

The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:6, "and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus." The primary purpose of Jesus coming to earth and to die on the cross is to raise us who believe in His Blood for our redemption and to seat us together with Him in the heavenly places.

And since He had already raised us up through His death and resurrection, we are indeed now seated with Him in the heavenly places so act on it. Why allow circumstances dictate how you should feel? rather we should be the ones dictating how things should work out for ourselves and this is not wishful thinking. In my last post I mentioned that all things start in the spirit realm and once our spirits are in line with what the Holy Spirit wants to bless us with, the blessings will indeed be activated and we WILL see the outcome becoming good for us. The Bible has already given us so many examples of how things work out for those who trusted in His goodness and mercy for them.

The only snag is that some of us believe the blessings are not for this life but for the one after when we get to heaven. This is far from the truth. Eternal life is defined as life with God the Creator and when we have Him in us, we will have life. So if we believe that eternal life is life with the father, the Source of life, then how is it that we still have doubts about His goodness and mercy for us in THIS life? Start believing that Abba Daddy wants us to enjoy the blessings even while we are still alive in this world and you will start to witness His blessings on your life.

Remember, it all starts with the knowledge that we are seated together in the heavenly places IN Christ Jesus and where we are seated, the Father will not cease to lavish us with His blessings. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. One of the best explanations I have read on the subject. May I ask how does one align with what the Holy Spirit wants to bless us with ? I guess it's probably obvious but I am having trouble understanding this fully. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN