The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Prophetic Word For The Year - 2007

With the company registered in July 2006 and lying dormant, my plans swung into action in September 2006 with plans for eventual exit from the corporate world to step out in faith and run my own consultancy business. And so it was with a pleasant surprise that on Sunday Dec 31, 2006 my senior pastor announced to the church that the prophetic word for New Creation Church for 2007 was "A Year or New Beginnings".  Immediately on hearing the word, I turned to my wife and we nodded at each other that God had confirmed our plans for me to leave Deutsche Bank at end March 2007 and be my own boss from April.
Indeed, things were slow moving initially as I needed to find my own footing and establish myself. There were much running around to introduce myself to business associates and to explain what had happened and all these times, I began to draw my strength from the Lord.

Even though business volumes were very low, I praise the Lord that He sustained me in more ways than one
  1. when I needed finance, He sent projects along my way and with the fees, I could maintain my business as an ongoing concern
  2. when I needed ideas and business linkages, He came and gave me business partners that not only encouraged me but also helped me build my circle of business contacts
  3. when I needed a long-term business partnership, He sent someone whom I had never met before but have heard of to discuss an instructor position that would eventually tie me over for two years from 2008.
Indeed, in the Year of New Beginnings, I saw myself reaching new heights in my professional career and also in my spiritual life and I praise Jesus for the experiences.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN