The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The USA Presidential Elections

You might be wondering why I am commenting on the outcome of the USA Presidential Elections when I am a Singapore; what is the connection? This coming elections (happening in 13 days) on November 04, 2008 will be a watershed in more ways than one.
If Obama wins, he will be the first non-white US president and his leanings towards many issues will impact the world economies at large.
If McCain wins, he will be the oldest elected sitting president and with his maverick style, the world will also go through many unprecedented changes - for good or for bad.
So who would I prefer to be in the White House? Without prejudice, I honestly prefer John McCain, not because his policies are better but because I want a man who seeks after the heart of God to lead especially in these turbulent times.

For one, he will be more forthright in his dealings with the Israelis compared with Obama. His experiences as a veteran would be put to better use than one who has seen neither war nor had experience negotiating with another country. After watching rounds 1 & 3 of the presidential debates, I came away with the perception that he will not support Israel the way best for them and I dread to think of the consequences of his actions.

So will I be gluing my ears to the radio or watching the count on CNA on November 5th afternoon to hear the results? You can say that I am interested but not that crazy as to lose sleep over it. Yes, the opinion polls have been totting for Obama and giving him good margins over McCain but then again, one must not forget that the Lord is more Sovereign than one would like to admit. Ultimately the outcome will be determined by the Lord's hand and we can then know where the world will be heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN