The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Understanding World Events...

Last week I was sharing with a friend about some of the events/challenges the world is now facing and how they all relate back to what nations do with their attitudes toward God's chosen people - the Jews.

Often we look at catastrophes and we say that they were 'punishments' from God because the country(ies) had sinned. How very wrong we have been. Yes, the events did take place but we should not be so quick as to judge the nation(s) and pass judgement. Remember what the Lord told Abraham in Genesis 12:2-3.
v2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great;
v3 I will bless those who bless you and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Look around you and see what each of the governments had done in their relationships with the nation of Israel. Those who literally bless Israel are enjoying immeasurable blessings but those who do not have been saddled with one challenge after another. Also see what happened to them specifically as a result of their handling situations that take place in Israel.

Almost immediately after the USA government pressurized Israel to give up the Gaza Strip in August 2005, Hurricane Katrina lashed the New Orleans area and the comments from those who lost their homes in both the Gaza Strip and the New Orleans situations were exactly the same words, "Now I have nothing! All that I had is gone!"

So what will be in store looking ahead? The rise and fall of nations will rest on how they react to events arising out of Israel.
1. The current rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip into Southern Israel had continued even after the peace treaty had been signed between the Palestinian Authority (that governs both Gaza Strip and the West Bank in Israel) and the Israeli government and so far, Israel had not retaliated. I wonder what would the other nations say when Israel gets tired of being shelled one too often and sends its troops in to quell the perpetrators? How they react (for or against Israel's action) will determine what would happen to them on their home turf.
2. How would nations react if Israel, out of necessity to survive as a nation, sends its air force to destroy all those nukes in Iran? I know that Iran had been trying to spin up world support by threatening all kinds of stuff; the latest being that they will block the sea lanes into the Persian Gulf and constrict world oil supplies. By the way, if you think US$146 is astronomically hugh, you ain't seen higher yet especially when Iran carries out its threats!

So one thing I have learnt over the years and especially recent ones is to first read the events in the Holy Land before i read the rest of the news around the world because focusing my attention there had taught me to better prepare myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN