The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Friday, October 1, 2010

We Are What Our Thoughts Make Us Out To Be

Recently I was in the mountain town of Shimla, India and I spotted this sign-board above one of the shops in the Mall. Shimla used to be the British colonial seat of government in India and was where Lord Mountbatten spent his summers whenever he was in India. The town also hosts the Viceregal House (which is now a heritage site with invited students and researchers occupying its many halls of learning) where the declaration of independence for India was discussed as well as the partitioning of India and Pakistan.

So I could not help but to ponder on the words on the signage, "What we think, we become". Isn't it true that everything in life is first hatched in the minds of people and then they bring it into fruition by taking action on their thoughts?

No wonder our Lord Jesus Christ kept reminding His disciples to "take no thoughts about tomorrow", "let not your hearts be troubled", "fear not", etc. In fact if you really care to count all the related words spoken by Jesus, you will notice that there are 366 places in the Gospels where the word appear - once for each day of the year (including the leap year - how thoughtful our Lord is, just in case someone entertain the thought the He could not count correctly.
So if one entertains fearful thoughts, he or she will reap the fruits of fear - ulcers, gastritis, high-blood pressure, stress, insomnia, etc (the list goes on).

So my friend, entertain good thoughts and avoid evil ones and you will stay out of trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN