The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lessons I Learnt From Observing Our Pet Dog - Part 2

To continue this series, in this post I would like to share a strange habit that Scot (and for that matter, all beagles) had when he was younger. Whenever we took up his dish to fill with his pet-food, he would be twirling with joy (just like how Charles Schultz would draw Snoopy dancing for joy in his Snoopy cartoon strip) and he would not stop until we place his dish right in front of him.

One day, as I was preparing his dinner and I saw his dance of joy, the Lord quizzed me on my attitude towards feeding on His Word. Although Scot received the same food every dinner, he was never tired of eating the pet formula he had since he came home to us and he was ever so cheerful when he would hear us pouring his daily portion into the dish.

I felt a gentle loving reminder from the Lord that I should learn from Scot how I receive His Word daily into my heart:
1. that I should be joyful that I can sit at His feet and draw from Him;
2. that I should not become familiar with His Word but should appreciate Him with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN