The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Handling Arguments

In the wisdom reading of today, Proverbs 25:8-10 stands out
    v8   - do not bring hastily to court, for what will you do in the end if your neighbor puts you to shame?
    v9   - If you argue your case with a neighbor, do not betray another man's confidence,
    v10 - or he who hears it may shame you and you will never lose your bad reputation.
I am being reminded of what a very close friend of mine said when I was growing up - 
   "never engage in an argument, because..."
  - when you lose an argument, you have just lost face but 
  - when you win an argument, you have just lost a friend
How true! Over the years I have endeavored to avoid entering into arguments and whenever I do get into some serious discussions and circumstances point me to a potential argument brewing, I have learnt quickly to back off and walk away.

It is always better to walk away and hence never get into the argumentative mood than to regret later for staying too long. Trust me, I had been there before - multiple occasions and have saved both my reputation and my friends.

1 comment:

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN