The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Book of Psalms As A Prophetic Book - Part 3

So what does Psalm 109 have to say to us about the year 2009 through israel?

The psalm begins with a cry from Israel for help from the Lord. And we have seen from the beginning of 2009 that the whole world is now turning against Israel for what it had done in moving into the Strip to compliment what its air force had achieved. The mopping up operations by the IDF had been with widespread criticism from the whole world.
Psalm 109: 2-3 -v2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful have opened against me; they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. v3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, and fought against me without a cause.
And the interesting point to note is that Psalm 109 ends on a praise note.
v30 - I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth. Yes, I will praise Him among the multitude.
v31 - For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those who condemn him
The Lord has promised that He will defend His own people, the Israelites and they will prevail. All their accusers will be silenced. So I don't know about you but I am looking for a good closure to the Gaza situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN