The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America had chosen

Yes, it is official now. Come January 20, 2009 Barack Obama will be sworn in as the 44th President of the USA. He has only slightly more than two months to sort out his team (cabinet) and have them testify before Senate Committees to assess their suitability for their respective roles.

Well, at least we can expect less resistance now that the Democratic National Party has the majority in all the legislative arms of the US Government - the Presidency, the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Republican Party is now left with scraps after their scathing defeat at the polls yesterday.

Already I can sense that Obama is being tested. The Russian president has already launched his first salvo and asked USA to review all its policies; the glove had been thrown down and lets see how Obama addresses that. Another hotbed is the Middle East - the Palestinian issue and the Iranian nuclear challenge will keep Obama busy for at least the next six months and this is not even addressing the Iraq and Afghanistan issues.

Well, I don't know about you but I feel that with his election, we are indeed nearer to The Rapture of the Church (refer to my post of October 9th where I shared about the four horses and their modern day significance).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN