The Lord's Theme For The Year

The Lord has crowned the year (2011) with His goodness and caused us to walk in His paths that drips with His fatness (Psalm 65:11)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The US Presidential Candidate Debate

Next week will be an interesting week in the USA. There will be one round of debate between the VP candidates for the Democratic (Sen. Joe Biden) and the Republican (Gov. Sarah Pailin) parties and then there will be another between Barak Obama and John McCain. In both debates, we will probably get some ideas of what each candidate as well as the respective parties want to do over the next four years and the way these pan out will indirectly affect world events.

Yes, granted that Governor Pailin of Alaska does not have much experience in foreign relations as compared to Joe Biden but I strongly believe that the experience can be cultivated. What is the use of someone who has a lot of experience but is stubborn to change and persistently stick to his/her own ground that his/her ideas are always right when it has so clearly shown that they are bullying ideas and not well accepted by other countries? I would rather have someone who is opened to Godly wisdom and apply the wisdom of the Lord in all his/her decisions. i would rather have a God-worshipping leader of the country than one who may be super rich and hence worldly powerful but is unscrupulous in his handling of national and international affairs.

So going by what is before us, I would prefer the McCain-Pailin ticket to win the November 04, 2008 Presidential elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide email address when you leave a comment, thanks.

A New Believer's Prayer

Thank you Father for loving us so much that You sent Your precious Son Jesus Christ to this world to die for all our sins. I receive Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior.
Thank you that all my sins have been nailed to the Cross on Jesus at His death and because He died in our place, I am now saved forever. I have been made righteous in Your sight because of what Jesus did and I can now enjoy Your blessings over my life. Thank you for the privilege of being called Your Child and for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN